Twenty Gifts of An Adoptee
1. The first gift is LIFE…May you remember the One who created you in the heart of the Father in eternity past.
2. The second gift is BIRTH…May you be grateful for she who chose to sacrificially carry you in that sacred place.
3. The third gift is a NEW NAME….May you rejoice in the fact that God knew your name before you were ever born.
4. The fourth gift is BELONGING…May you recall each day that the only One who can fill your need for belonging is Jesus.
5. The fourth gift is FAMILY….May your differences remind you that our family is like a beautiful grafted tree, magnificent to behold.
6. The third gift is STRENGTH….May you continue to grow strong because of the challenges you encounter.
7. The fifth gift is IDENTITY…May you celebrate that you are a wondrous combination of nature and nurture, with awesome potential.
8. The sixth gift is SECURITY…May you rest assured that you will never be forgotten. Your name is written on Jesus’ palms.
9. The seventh gift is LOVE… May you realize your parents would have traveled to the ends of the world to find you.
10. The tenth gift is ACCEPTANCE… May you understand your acceptance is not based on your performance, but Jesus’.
11. The eleventh gift is GRACE…May you rejoice in being yourself because we accept you just as you are.
12. The twelfth gift is TALENT…May you celebrate your differences and share them with your family and the world.
13. The thirteenth gift is PURPOSE…May you be inspired to discover your unique footprints across the sands of time.
14. The fourteenth gift is TEARS…May you shed them freely so that you can freely laugh.
15. The fifteenth gift is ADVENTURE…May you delight that your history isn’t given to you on a silver platter. You will have a life of adventure!
16. The sixteenth gift is HUMOR…May your funny bone be tickled when others
say dumb things about adoption.
17. The seventeenth gift is CALLING…You were created and adopted for a purpose
that no one else in human history can fill.
18. The eighteenth gift is COMMUNITY…May you experience the blessing of friendships with fellow adoptees.
19. The nineteenth gift is TENDERHEARTEDNESS…May you be willing to weep with those who weep, for your adoption wounds qualify you to be a wounded healer.
20. The twentieth gift is ABUNDANCE….May you experience the full, abundant life planned for you, every single day of your life!