What person, old or young, doesn’t dream of having a wedding like Meghan Markle and Prince Harry?
While gllued to our I-pads or tvs, we soaked in the royal pomp, the bridal bouquet hand-picked by the groom, the cellist’s music wafting through the cathedral, and the soulful choir singing the Amen chorus as they departed.
A young, divorced, bi-racial American woman, tossed and broken by life itself, embarrassed by her father the night before the wedding…is getting another chance to marry…this time to the love of her life.
Meghan would have a new identity…the Duchess of Sussex… and would leave all the brokenness behind as she moved into the palace in another country.
If we use our sanctified imaginations, we can envision another wedding yet to occur between King Jesus and His Bride, the Church (all who know Jesus as Lord).
Summer is my favorite time to think about that very thing…to see myself as His Bride and hear his description of me,
In order to do this, I am reading a book in the Bible called “Song of Solomon,” along with my favorite commentary by Watchman Nee.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Behold, you are beautiful, my beloved; behold, you are beautiful (1:15)
- Arise my love, my beautiful one, and come away, for behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come..(2:10-12)
- You are altogether beautiful. my love. There is no flaw in you. Come with me from Lebanon, my bride. (4: 8)
- You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captured my heart with one glance of your eyes. (4:9)
- I am my beloved’s and his desire is for me (7:10)
While watching Meghan and Harry wed, I couldn’t help but think about the royal wedding that King Jesus is preparing for me and all who belong to him.
I’ll be wearing white.
Will I see you there?