What If Adoptees and Foster Kids Discover They’re Royalty?
Is it possible that adoptees and foster kids could search for birth family and discover they’re royalty?
Maybe our DNA from Ancestry.com would reveal royalty that’s disappeared with the sands of time.
Would that change our view of ourselves?
In regard to this, I wonder how Queen Esther from Bible times felt when she became queen.
With that beautiful crown resting on her coiffed hair, she must have thought back in her life path.
Did you know that:
- She was an orphan?
- Her Uncle Mordaeci adopted her?
- She didn’t come from a high social order?
- A whole book in the Bible is written about her?
- That she won the favor of the King with her beauty?
- That she spoke for her people in front of the King?
Just put yourself in her place, fellow adoptees and foster kids!
What do you think her secret was?
Maybe it was a deep trust in the goodness of God and his purpose for her life, even though she had suffered the loss of her parents?
Maybe it was that she knew a God who redeems pain and turns it often into one’s life purpose?
Maybe it was her everyday faith and trust in a God who orders everything in life?
Surely, she must have marveled when her Uncle said: “Perhaps you have come to the Kingdom for such a time as this.”
So, fellow adoptees and foster kids, what can we glean from this story?
Here are a few things:
- God controls all things.
- God works all things together for our good…especially the really hard things.
- God has a purpose for our lives.
- In God’s eyes, we ARE royalty.
- We are princesses and princes in God’s royal kingdom.
So, friends…let’s support one another…and go on with this knowledge.
And, look in the mirror.
Do you see royalty?
Put your imaginary crown on for the day on in faith, confident that God has a bright future for you.
I love you!